Monday, November 4, 2013

We Have Arrived


Well we finally made it and our new adventure is now starting. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, my husband and I have the privilege to move in with my grandparents and help them out. They are still mobile and able to do things on their own, but they are in their 80's and driving, doctors appointments, house cleaning and cooking is getting harder for them. Let me tell you watching them grow older has been hard for me. I am extremely close with my grandparents and thinking that one day they won't be here anymore is a bit devastating to think about. And life gets so crazy busy and I don't always pick up the phone like I should to call and check in. Since my husband and I have no ties in Lodi we were so happy to be doing this. I was planning on leaving my job anyways since I no longer needed to work and my husband just turned in his two weeks to be closer.

So our new home is in San Leandro, CA and I couldn't be happier. I am so thankful that I get to spend every minute with them, building more memories, laughing, playing games and have deep conversations with them. I wouldn't change this opportunity for anything. And them being open to help is a big deal and means more to me than you could even imagine. I know it isn't going to all sunshine and flowers but that is okay. I am ready for this and seeing their faces when we pulled up confirmed that this is where we are suppose to be. 

Please come back to see all the adventures we will have and what's going on in my life.

XO {ST}

No comments:

Post a Comment