Sorry it has been awhile since I blogged. I have been extremely busy and I know that you deserve some answers. Pop's has been doing extremely well. Nursed him back to health and have him working out and walking everyday. That experience of not knowing if he would snap out of it was scary. He is back to himself, well sorta. He is having a bit more memory loss but nothing that we should be worried about. And he hasn't had any blood in his urine or pain well until yesterday. That is all he is urinating now which means I will have to be calling the Dr. in the morning to see whats going on. He is scared and doesn't like not knowing what will happen next. I couldn't imagine what he is going through and it kills my heart. I enjoy every minute of every day I have with him because honestly I don't know how many more days I have with him.
Our Christmas was wonderful. We got the okay by his nurse that we can travel. It was an emotional one for Pop's. After dinner he wanted to go lay down and rest and when I took him in to lay down in the spare room at my parents he just broke down. When he cry's I cry. Well lets face it I cry whenever anyone else cries. Then when we left to come home he cried while he said goodbye to everyone as if he was never going to see them again. He has days like that where I will find him sitting in his chair just crying and then I will sit on his lap and we cry together. Then I jump up and make him laugh and we go play a game. I couldn't imagine how he is feeling or what he is thinking.
Our Christmas was wonderful. We got the okay by his nurse that we can travel. It was an emotional one for Pop's. After dinner he wanted to go lay down and rest and when I took him in to lay down in the spare room at my parents he just broke down. When he cry's I cry. Well lets face it I cry whenever anyone else cries. Then when we left to come home he cried while he said goodbye to everyone as if he was never going to see them again. He has days like that where I will find him sitting in his chair just crying and then I will sit on his lap and we cry together. Then I jump up and make him laugh and we go play a game. I couldn't imagine how he is feeling or what he is thinking.
Yesterday we went for a car ride the 4 of us and other than the car needing to be towed it was fun to spend time together and seeing new places. Nothing in the world can replace the memories I have with my grandparents. I have been extremely blessed to be allowed to come and take care of them. I won't lie, it isn't always easy but when I lay my head on my pillow at night I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity and strength to be able to care for them.
These two are not always the easiest, HAHA However they are comical and can play some mean games of tetris. We can sit and play cards for hrs and just talk and laugh. Or sit at the dinner table and Pops and I will make faces at grandma when she isn't looking and just die of laughter. I wouldn't trade these moments I get with them for anything.
Some things they say are forsure off the wall. But that is what makes them, them. To really see the two of them really loving each other and falling more in love everyday is very heart warming because it wasn't like that growing up. I just know that whatever happens from here on out ready for it or not, the memories will be the best gift ever. He has his days. Some are better than others, but the bast 3-4 days have seem like his worst.
I will try to blog at least once a week but honestly I sometimes don't have a chance to shower until night time because I am so busy doing things around the house or get stuck playing games and I don't want to miss something. So while the house is quite and they are watching the game I snuck in some time to blog.
Something that is incredible learning while caretaking is how much you find yourself cheering and becoming excited over little accomplishments they do. It makes them smiling and they become extremely proud that they did it!
Also standing in the kitchen and butt bumping with your pops, is priceless. Ask me if he would have done something like this about 10-15 years ago, I would answer a big fat NO! He has taught me to slow down with him and enjoy life a lot more and I have them to thank. Trust me, some days aren't very exciting but that is okay. If they are happy and content just watching TV I am okay with it. Why? Because I am able to sit with them and spend quality time with them.
Thank you to all who reads my blog. I hope you are enjoying it. Come back soon.
XO{ST}
No comments:
Post a Comment